CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 7, 2009

Impressive Loaf

This bread tastes as great as it looks. I love using this recipe to add pizazz to a meal lacking in visual excitement.
You will need:
1 loaf frozen white bread dough
1 loaf frozen wheat bread dough
melted butter
Set dough out to thaw slightly.
Dough needs to be firm enough to cut. Cut into 8-10 pieces.

Dip each piece of dough and place dough in greased bread pans. Alternating white and wheat. (I skipped the butter this time so that the dough would stick to each other so I could slice it and have each color showing. The butter will cause it to be unnecessary to slice. You can just pull it apart.)

Cover and let rise. I didn't give mine enough time. Be sure to start early enough so that your bread will be able to rise over the top of the pan.

Bake, slice and enjoy!



5 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh that is so awesome! I gotta try that. Thanks!

Britney said...

Great idea! Love your creativity! Thanks so much for stopping by the other day, it was fun to talk a minute!

Also a HUGE thank you for Brynn's darling picture frame! Your the best. :)

The Griffin Crew said...

oh my that looks delicious!! Wow!

Xazmin said...

Howcome you're so fabulous! I love this!

Anonymous said...

That looks just amazing! Love the idea of mixing the two types of dough. Why didn't I think of that? Yum!