CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 24, 2009

Use your noodle

A couple of nights ago I was late getting dinner going and needed something quick. The kids were already disappointed that we were not going to be eating out, so I needed something fun. When we do go out they frequently order Mac and Cheese which really irritates me. I don't like paying $4.00 for half a box of something sitting in my cupboard at home. So, I decided to to take a cue from my children and serve Mac & Cheese, but make it a little fancier than normal.
I used the packet of cheese from the box.
I bagged the regular noodles. Replaced it with 1 1/4 cup mini bowtie noodles. (next time I will increase the bowties to 1 1/2 cups.)

Follow directions on box.


I served crystal light in fancy goblets.



There you have it. It's the same, but different.


3 comments:

Macey said...

Did the kids love it?

Melissa said...

They did love it. They thought they were getting something extra special.

I forgot to mention that the regular noodles can be use in a soup later or served with butter, salt and peper.

Amy said...

That is great and easy...