CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Best Bread Sticks

I found this bread stick recipe a couple of months ago on another blog. I have tried to find what blog I got it from and I just can't seem to find the right one. However, I found numerous blogs with the same recipe. I thought it might be fun to include a couple of links:
Farm Chick Kitchen (I recognized Lisa in the follower list. She is also a follower here on Bloggin' it. What fun.)
Both of these gals had the same recipe. As for me. I have made a few changes. I don't want to just repeat what other blogs do. So here goes.
Pizza Hut Style Bread Sticks
1 1/2 cup hot water
2T sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup non fat dry milk (I omit dry milk and use skim milk in place of water.)
1 T yeast (I use SAF)
3 Cups flour
1/3 cup melted butter
Topping:
2 T dry Parmesan cheese
1 T garlic powder
1-2 tsp salt
1 T oregano
And/Or
Sugar and Cinnamon blend
Dissolve sugar, salt and dry milk in hot water or in hot milk. I dissolve it in 1 cup hot milk and then add 1/2 cold milk to cool the mixture. Add enough flour (1 cup) to make a thin mixture. When the it has cooled till warm add the yeast and stir well. Add the rest of the flour. You may need to add a bit more until the dough is no longer sticky, but not stiff. Knead until smooth.
Press dough into rectangle on a greased baking sheet. ( I use butter flavored crisco for extra butter flavor and cut down on the amount of melted butter or you can just use half of your melted butter to coat the bottom of the pan.)

Cut with pizza cutter. Don't worry about cutting though the edges all the way. (I use a baking stone that is smaller than a cookie sheet.)


Let rise 10-15 minutes.

Sprinkle with topping. Okay, so this is my creative part of the recipe. Non of the others use Cinnamon and Sugar. Plus, I do some of both in one batch.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.



Serve with warm marinara and frosting. I use the basic water and powdered sugar frosting.
This recipe is so quick and easy. I love to serve it with homemade freezer soup.

5 comments:

Grace @ One Craft Girl's Corner said...

looks delicious! we love homemade breadsticks at our house.

Macey said...

That looks awesome! I could just eat those for dinner and nothing else. :)

Amy said...

Wow look at you go...

The Griffin Crew said...

wow those look amazing i am going to give them a try! Thanks

Nicole said...

WOW! Homemade is right. I have to make these!