CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Gumball gift

Last week I was serving my kids a late lunch on the front porch. When I turned to go back inside the house I found a birthday party invitation on the front door. My friend had woke up early in the morning and taped the invitations on a million doors.(What a gal, she didn't leave anyone out.) I usually don't use the front door so it had gone unseen until 12:50 pm. The party started at 1:00 pm! I knew my friend would not have been offended had we shown up with no gift, but who wants to be that person. So I grabbed a jelly jar. Covered the top with a round tag, it fit perfectly. Added some matching ribbon. Filled the jar with gum balls(thanks to me for buying the giant container of gum) and rolled a $5 bill up and stuffed it in the center of the gum. It turned out well for a last minute gift. I was going to attach a note that said: A gift so you can "chews" what you want. Don't "blow" it all in one place.

You could also fill a jar with quarter, dimes and nickles. The note could read: Don't ever "change".
What are your last minute use what you have in the house birthday gift ideas?

7 comments:

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Those are so cute! Shawn at SERIOUSLY! did teacher appreciation gifts that are similar.
I admire people who can think in the middle of a 10 minute panic to get to a party...

Debi said...

What a CUTE idea! I found your blog through Ucreate....I am sure it will become one of my faves!
Debi
www.WicklessParties.com

Jane said...

Super clever! I am going to file this one away!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, that is the cutest last minute gift idea ever! I'm going to stock up on gumballs! Thanks so much for sharing this.

~~Mel~~ said...

Love that gift idea...and I have to say there is no way I'd be able to get that creative in 10 mins lol.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

So cute and such a darling blog....love it..

I enjoyed reading your blog tonight....Had some time to do some blog hopping...always enjoy finding new blogs!
Hope you will visit me. This month I am posting on our Disney trip.

Unknown said...

Such an adorable and cute birthday gift idea.!! I am in love with that gift. Certainly try to make my own.