CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Missy Missy 2x4 can't get through the...

the bathroom room door... I would finish the song but it's a little bit gross. It's Trash to Treasure Tuesday! Be sure to visit the magnificent Kimm @ Reinvented to see what trash you should treasure this week.
You know how I love a left over piece of 2x4. I made these votive holders for my sis-in-laws. I used pieces of 2x4(of course), a hole saw, little wood balls with a flat edge from the craft store and votive holders.(that look like little pots) I drilled 5 holes, painted and distressed the wood. I hot glued the balls, after painting and/or staining, to the bottom of the wood. Finally, I dropped the votive holder in. I got the idea from a furniture store. Only I saved $35.





I can't wait to see what all of you have transformed this week.

12 comments:

Vivienne said...

That is just darling!

Tia said...

CA-UTE! I love that idea!

Kimm at Reinvented said...

Oh. my. goodness. I LOVE those. What a fabulous idea for leftover wood. Since I'm on the subject of bathrooms this week, I might try this for mine! Thanks for linking up!

Jana said...

good job!! :)

Beverly said...

Cute idea--now I just need to get over my power tool phobia...

Jane said...

Neat! I need to go back and see what kind of saw/ drill you used. I sure wish I hadn't spent so much time flirting in shop class! I regret not paying attention now!

Melissa said...

Jane,

It's a bit for your drill. I love power tools. They make me feel cool.:)

Melissa

Daryl and Ashley said...

I love it! Great Job Miss!

janet said...

OH I THINK THIS IS A FANTASTIC IDEA, I MAY HAVE TO GET DH TO MAKE ME ONE. ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!
HUGS
JANET

Condo Blues said...

Love it!

Older and Wisor said...

Oh, the possibilities.....thanks for the inspiration!

Layla said...

You are just so crafty. I need you to come over and show me how to use all of the hubby's power tools.